- June 21, 2021
- Nancy Wagman
- Massachusetts ranked #1 nationally in measures of child well-being, but the state’s successes have been uneven.
- Even before the pandemic, poverty rates for children of color and for children in Gateway Cities were double or more than the statewide average.
- The pandemic hit communities unevenly and made disparities more stark.
- Federal funds will help repair the damage caused by the pandemic.
- The state budget will be a critical tool for building beyond recovery towards true equity.