- This event has passed.
Welcome to EARNConversations: Transformative Investments in Workers, Communities, and Job Quality
September 27, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Naomi Walker (Moderator), Director of EARN, Economic Policy Institute
- Melissa Boteach, Vice President for Income Security and Child Care/Early Learning, National Women’s Law Center
- Kitty Richards, Director of State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds, U.S. Treasury Office of Recovery Program
- Branden Snyder, Executive Director, Detroit Action
- Amy Sugimori, Director of Policy and Legislation, 32BJ SEIU
In this session, speakers will reflect on critical learnings from the pandemic and discuss how they should be used to shape future policy. We will discuss ways state and local governments can make transformative investments in public infrastructure, high-quality jobs, public health systems, and worker supports using unprecedented levels of Federal support. Speakers will address how state and local recovery fund impact advocates and organizers, how resources can be leveraged to improve wages and working conditions, the need for investments in human capital, and strategies to engage in the political process to use federal funds.