- This event has passed.
Immigrant worker rights, organizing, and excluded workers
September 30, 2022 @ 11:15 am - 12:30 pm
- David Kallick (Moderator), Immigration Research Initiative
- Anthony Capote, Immigration Research Initiative
- Jessie Hahn, National Immigration Law Center
- Paulina Lopez Gonzalez, National Domestic Workers Alliance Labs
- Kevin Slayton, Maryland Center on Economic Policy
The social and political climate of the past few years has led to bold advocacy around immigrant rights and worker organizing. Delivery workers and farm laborers have advanced their organizing strategies and achieved policy wins. Work-related programs such as unemployment compensation and the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) have been extended to formerly excluded workers. The Biden administration has made changes to immigration enforcement to reduce immigrant workers’ barriers to organizing and is now being pressured to do more. Join this session to discuss the state-level strategies that have worked and the immigrant-led workplace organizing that is happening in states around the country.