- This event has passed.
EARNCon Plenary: Welcome and introductions, Keynote address: Liz Shuler, and Panel discussion: Rebuilding worker power and civic engagement in Ohio
September 28, 2022 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Welcome and introductions
- Dave Cooper, Economic Policy Institute
- Blaine Griffin, Cleveland City Council
- Amanda Posson, Every Texan
- Liz Shuler, AFL-CIO
- Daniel Ortiz, Policy Matters Ohio (Moderator)
- Isbel Alvarado, Central Ohio Worker Center
- Colleen Damerell, Northeast Ohio Worker Center
- Bree Easterling, Policy Matters Ohio
- Hannah Halbert, Policy Matters Ohio
- J Sanchez, Columbus Education Association
- Gabe Santohir, Starbucks Workers United
Our opening plenary will welcome you to Cleveland and ground this conference in the work being done in Ohio to rebuild worker power and civic engagement. Ohio has a rich history of worker-led movements for economic justice. The newest incarnations of those movements are inspiring change every day, and we will hear speakers from some of those efforts this evening.