This year, while we won’t be meeting in person for EARNCon, we’re excited to invite you to the first-ever virtual EARNConversations 2020 beginning Tuesday, September 29, 2020!
EARNConversations 2020 will be a series of dynamic presentations, strategic conversations, interactive trainings, and virtual meet-ups for relationship building, networking, exchanging ideas to build an inclusive-worker centered economy, and advancing racial and gender justice in 2021 and beyond.
There won’t be any registration fee for EARNConversations, and without the barriers associated with travel, we hope to engage an even broader array of local, state, and national researchers, policy advocates, and grassroots organizations.
Here’s what to expect:
EARNConversations for Building Power with the Workers in 2021 and Beyond: Join us for three strategic discussions between Tuesday, September 29 – Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 3:00 pm EDT/12:00 pm PDT –
- *Welcome to EARNConversations 2020* Prioritizing Black and Brown Workers as We Confront the Economic Recession: What’s Needed for Just and Equitable Relief and Recovery – Tuesday, September 29, 2020 @ 3:00 – 5:00 pm EDT/12:00 – 2:00 pm PDT
- Race, Gender, and the Economy: From Understanding Disparities to Developing Anti-Racist Solutions – Wednesday, September 30, 2020 @ 3:00 – 4:30 pm EDT/12:00 – 1:30 pm PDT
- Building Power with the Workers during the Coronavirus: Supporting Worker Organizing for Racial, Economic and Gender Justice – Thursday, October 1, 2020 @ 3:00 – 4:30 pm EDT/12:00 – 1:30 pm PDT
EARNConversations Research Ideas, Data & Analytical Tools for an Inclusive Worker-Centered Economy:
- EPI Economist Ask Me Anything: On Tuesday, October 6, 2020 @ 3:00 – 4:30 pm EDT /12:00 – 1:30 pm PDT, participants will have the opportunity to meet EPI economists to learn about recent and forthcoming research on a range of topics – race, gender and the economy, education, fiscal and monetary policy, trade, child care, wages and benefits, worker organizing, and more! Brief presentations will be followed by breakout discussions organized by topic, led by EPI economists and other experts from the Network.
- EARNCon 2020 Data Bootcamp: At EARNCon 2019, our Data Bootcamp Sessions was standing room only! This year we’re inviting you to register for specific trainings based on your interest, skill level, and preference for R or Stata. Four different sessions led by Economic Policy Institute staff will take place between October 7 – October 15, 2020. Not sure which sessions to sign up for? Use this overview to help decide which sessions would be best for you.
EARNConversations Virtual Meetups for Community and Collaboration: Join us for virtual meetups for relationship building and exchanging ideas to advance your research, policy advocacy, and campaigns. Indicate your specific interests when you register here and we’ll arrange virtual meetups tailored to you! You’ll have the opportunity to reconnect with and meet new people from across the Network, and share challenges, opportunities, and strategies with EARN members and allies based your specific research, campaign, or policy focus. Dates TBA based on participant interest and may occur after EARNCon’s formal schedule ends on Thursday, October 15, 2020.